Monday, March 01, 2010

Point taken in the Elite Challenge.

So that was February, and it's already March!!!
On Saturday I tried to quickly whip up an Elite Challenge Card for the month of February. One of the challenges was to use the colours: Pacific Point, Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise and Orchid Opulence. I have been thinking over these colours for the whole month, gathering courage.
I thought the colours could be a bit heavy: the Teals and the Blues... so with the help of a whisper white Fresh Cuts Note card I think I managed to keep it light and white to carry those heavier hues.
  The front of the card is stamped with the damask stamp from Friends 24/7 stampset ... I have used this stamp over and over again.... then I slipped a square of Orchid Opulence behind the cut out panel stamped with Tempting turquoise.
I puched two flowers out with the 5 petal punch one in Taken with Teal and the second Tempting Turquoise. Placed them behind and a pacific point cut out flower in front.
All held together with one "Build a brad".
The sentiment is stamped in whisper white craft ink onto Pacific point and punched out with a word window.
And I couldn't help myself - I had to put the smallest stamp from Flight of the butterfly in orchid opulence on the side.
Recipe:
Ink: Pacific point, Orchid opulence, Tempting turquoise, whisper white craft.
Cardstock: Whisper white, Pacific Point, Orchid opulence, Taken with teal, Tempting turquoise.
Punches: Five flower punch, Eyelet border, word window, 1.3cm circle.
Stampset: Friends 24/7, Flight of the butterfly, Fresh cuts.
Fresh cut Notes, Build a brad, DSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: