Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Fine Feathers using two techniques

 A simple one layer card on Naturals white cardstock transformed with coloured markers direct to rubber on the fine feathers stamp. I like this idea to use the feather as a quill signing off the Feel Goods sentiment.
 One of my secret pleasures is to scan through Pinterest when I have the chance for new ideas to use my stamp sets.
I have shown you this thumping marker technique a couple of times lately, in these same colours too. Then I came across the idea of painting the stamped image with champagne shimmer paint with a brush.
It creates a beautiful shimmery effect on the inked colours with out buckling the paper and it dries shiny and pearlescent.
Here is a close up of the fine feathers peacock stamp showing the thumped marker colours and the champagne mist painted over it.
Try this out and enjoy! By the way champagne shimmer paint is retiring from the end of June and may not be available again from Stampin' Up! if you need some lets order it quick as supplies will run out.
Check the retirement list Here:  www.stampinup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: