Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fifth avenue floral - watercolouring.

This is the fifth avenue rose that I watercoloured at an Inksomniacs meeting held by my upline Linda Higgins. At our get togethers there is always a new technique to learn which I really love to do.
This one combines embossing, watercolouring with reinkers and the aquapainter brush on gloss white paper. This was my first attempt so it is fairly uneven colouring but I think it is supposed to be like that. The colours are barely banana and rose red.
Next I went over to Alisa Tilsner's blog and CASEd this great gift bag.
It is very easy to make with a sheet of 21x30cm Designer series paper. I have used the Bella Rose DSP.
It only takes some scoring, folding and hole punching to make up this great little bag.
I used the Riding hood red taffeta ribbon to tie it at the top.
And made this little tag using my Stampin' Up tag punch.
I punched two tags and overlapped one over the top so that my sentiment would fit. I have stamped the fifth avenue floral "you only live once..." quote in stazon ink on vellum cardstock.
I punched it out with the wide oval punch and attached with a clear rhinestone brad.
The Rose is adhered to the bag with double sided tape.
Here it is from the other side. The top of the bag is turned over before you punch the holes ( I used the crop a dile tool, because it punches through many layers of paper so easily).

1 comment:

  1. This is just loevly Nerida, well done.

    PS. No Filigree Brads but yes to a few Hodgepodge sets! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: