Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pocket sized Christmas cards

Last Saturday, my friend Lisa and I had a stall at the Kincumber craft markets and we made up some sample cards for a Make and Take.
So that people who haven't tried stampin' Up products could have a hands on experience of how easy hand made Christmas cards are to make. Well that was the plan.
Here's a selection of Mini Christmas card samples I made.
I have used small squares of Designer series paper, edged them with the Eyelet border punch and added various punched accessories to them in Real Red, Vanilla, Certainly celery and Old Olive ink and cardstock.
The Card base is Certainly Celery stamped with Old olive using the Snow swirled stampset.
The Ornament is punched out of patterned paper, sponged around the edges and raised up on a dimensional.
The same with the Merry Christmas circle that is punched with my 3/4" circle punch.
 You can see with this one that I have used the negative piece with the ornament punched out and just stamped a pattern underneath directly on to the certainly celery cardstock.
Another super simple design. I have stamped the Joy ornament from Delightful Decorations onto certainly celery cardstock, used the matching punch to punch it out and placed it on top of the patterned paper.
Rounded the corners and stamped a sentiment.
 This one is made with a few scraps lying on my table:
Celery cardstock, patterned paper and a shimmer painted ornament.
Shimmer paint is really effective for that pearlised look. I inked the stamp in real red then sponged on some platinum shimmer paint before stamping on the white cardstock... instant shimmery baubble. 
 Lastly I made this one simple as: same patterned paper squares, punched the ornament and turned it over for a different pattern and stamped a greeting onto the very vanilla card base.
I think the corner rounding gives it a finished look.
The bonus one at the front was made on Rose Red cardstock, and sponged, and punched. 
I hope you can see how many different looks you can get from one punch and some patterned christmas papers.
From now until end of November you can recieve two* free rolls of ribbon when you purchase the ornament punch and Delightful Decorations stampset.
(* if you choose the Mistletoe ribbon set you get two rolls for free).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: