Thursday, November 04, 2010

Top note Gift Box and a matching Razzleberry card

Isn't it lovely to be able to match your gift wrapping with your card -
Even better when the gift box becomes part of the gift?
When I first saw one of these Top note boxes with the flower on top I just wanted to hold it and touch that delicate looking flower.
I just wanted one ... and with stampin' up colours you can have one in any colour you like.
I've seen them in Red, I've seen them in Soft Suede, in blue and now I've made one of my own in Rich Razzleberry...
But guess what?
I have to make some more because I gave this away the same day I made it.
It was so beautiful I just had to give it away.
 The flower is made from 8 punched out scallop flowers. Four of the rich razzleberry cardstock and four of vellum. Each layer has been distressed by scrunching and folding.... its so hard to start destroying the cardstock like that. . . but then you enjoy it!
 I have unfolded each layer and pinned them together with a pink fire rhinestone Brad in the centre.
Now the edges are so simple but so pretty:
1st step is to sponge Razzleberry Ink on the tips of the flower and 2nd comes the white shimmer paint with a separate sponge all glittery and well, shimmery.
Here's the box from the side showing the layers of distressed de-laminated cardstock and sponged vellum.
The box is made with two Top notes and a rectangular box sandwiched between them. A piece of satin ribbon and a silver brad make a small handle to lift the lid.
I've ued the vintage wall paper embossing folder to texturise the top notes - I just love the textures!
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: