Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My little Lamb Scrapbook page

 I have been working on scrapbooking pages using products from the Summer mini catalogue and I showed you a sneak peek of this page in the middle of last month.
If you're new to scrapbooking and even if you're not, this presto paper makes scrapbooking fun and creative.
A scrap book page is usually made up with some standard elements:
A Title: It can be big. It can be small.
It can be stamped, hand written, printed, a sticker or (my personal favourite) die cut.
 Actually "My little Lamb" is both die cut and stamped.
My and Lamb are die cut using the Timeless type alphabet run through the Big shot machine.
And "little" is a word stamp from a sentiment that says something little ...
 Of course, a scrapbook page needs a background. Usually I use plain or textured cardstock but as I have been saying the "presto" paper is brilliant for sponging, spraying, brayering, painting, spattering, or spritzing ... all ways of adding ink and revealling the pattern beneath. There are 6 different patterns in a pack of 12 pages.
 As you can see I have high-lighted the leaves, buds and swirls with my aquapainter pen. You can do this with a water colour paint brush or blender pen. I've just picked up some Concord crush classic ink from the lid of the ink pad and painted it on the tips of the leaves letting it get lighter as the ink ran out. I kept painting and it picked up the already sponged Razzleberry and made it darker.
Cool: two - toning ink!
 Next, a scrapbook page needs some kind of embellishment.
Remember, MORE is LESS!  Sometimes I forget this.
I have used the Beautiful wings Embosslit die for these gorgeous butterflies.
The Big shot dry embosses the texture and die cuts the shape at the same time - seriously !
In the centre of the butterfly body is a half pearl - adding glamour and soft shine.
 Then, every page usually has some kind of journalling.
The most basic (which I like to employ) can be somebody else's words which fit the ocassion such as this stamp from "Always". When you have a lot to say you can use your own handrwriting (pesonal and individualised) or printed computer fonts for that neat typographical look.
My daughter says this to me ocasionally:
Mum, there is nothing more important than you and me and how we love each other. She warms my heart, she says it mostly when I am busy and it is her little reminder, telling me to slow down and enjoy the present moment.
The other type of journalling involves dates and names, the who, what, why and when, maybe how - usually covers it... how this came about, how you felt, how come you took this photo...
In order to keep the writing subdued I have stamped and hand-written the details on a die cut "lots of tags", sponged the edges of the white cardstock then overlayed a piece of velum cut in the same shape.
My journalling was handwritten with the concord crush classic ink marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: