Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Father's day project

It is the 31st of August, last day of the 2010 Idea Book and Catalogue.
And I am ... waiting, waiting, waiting for tomorrow.
Why? Its the first day of Spring and the beginning of the shiny new
Stampin up' 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalogue.
 I have a launch party in a few weeks - I am so excited about!!!
However, while we wait, we have this day called
 Father's day!
This year I am donating cards to the father's day stall at School and it has been lots of fun finding a simple repeatable design I can make. Its tricky enough to make just a generic male card at the best of times but to make 20 or more...
My idea was to make a mask with the Curly label punch and sponge a blue sky,
 then stamp this gorgeous new tree stamp in the centre.
On some of them, to make them ... well,
a little more masculine
 I used the "Sense of Time" stamp set.
Can you pick the new colour(s) I have used ? 
The Happy Father's Day stamp is from Teeny Tiny sentiments
 The border pattern is from Pendant Park stamped on Confetti white cardstock.
Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a charming way to use this stamp set! I'm inspired - male cards are so tricky but I think you've nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: