Thursday, October 27, 2011

A case of jewelry and bling.

It has been a busy busy few weeks ...
I've been to Canberra and saw the Queen (not),
 I did see Tara Moss the UNICEF ambassador for Breastfeeding, crime writer, mother and model, and Suzanne Colson and Peter Hartmann (amazing people doing amazing stuff).
But besides all that I am preparing for the School Fete by "cooking" Coconut Ice by the slab,
cleaning out the cupboards of old toys and clothes...
and sneaking peeks at the new Summer mini catalogue!
And making a bit of Stampin' up jewellery CASEd from the talented Denielle B. (I hear she gave a set of jewellery to Shelli Gardner - Stampin' up CEO for her birthday).
 My pendant is a simple arrangement of Cherry cobbler Cardstock, a piece of Designer series patterned paper, a layer of Crystal effects glue and a Bevelled windowpane, with a piece of seam binding ribbon sandwiched between the layers for a loop to clip the Rhinestone brad around.
The little one I gave away as a Thank you gift and now have to make one for my daughter as she thought it was for her, of course she did. 
 The crystal effects takes at least an hour to dry (best to leave it overnight) and then its a good idea to put a lacquered layer of crystal effects on the back to protect the cardstock against your skin.
The patterned paper is from the Love notes DSP... it retired in September but I am thinking I will be making these with either some fabric or patterned paper from the new catalogue in my next batch.
Email me at nerida if you would like more detailed instructions.
Featured Products:
Bevelled Windowpanes - page 142, 12 pieces $16.95 
Crystal effects lacquer adhesive $11.95
Filigree designer brads (16) $11.25
Clear Rhinestone brads (84) $19.95
Seam binding ribbon (9.15m) $12.95

1 comment:

  1. I have missed your posts, so glad you are back. I love the jewellery, what a unique idea. SU products never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: