Monday, October 20, 2008

Always on my mind, forever in my heart...


This stampset, can you tell is another of my favourites from the Spring mini catalogue.

This card is a CASE (copy and share everything) of Beate Johns.

Her version is in going grey and bravo burgundy... but as I didn't have these colours to hand the one above is in Basic grey Cardstock and purely pomegranate ink on whisper white cardstock with Berry bliss DS paper.


The measurements I converted to centimetres: (As you do).

28 cm X 12.5cm piece of Basic grey cardstock, folded into valley folds, Scored at:
3.5cm, 7cm, 11.5cm, 16cm, 22.5cm and trimmed at 28cm.

I adhered the paper rectangles with snail adhesive, goes on much faster than tape, but its a little bit more permanent, if you make a mistake you have to remove it fast.
I stamped the heart, words and flowers in purely pomegranate and then cut out a pomegranate mat to attach to the back of the heart. Adhered it to the front panel.

The "Always on my mind" words I punched out with the large oval, and stuck it onto a circle of purely pomegranate cardstock, sticking it to the second panel. Added white grosgrain ribbon to the front panel and then stamped the always circle and small flowers on white cardstock and cut them out with the 1.3cm round punch.

I am thinking of doing this in a christmas version with trees and baubles ... to make it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: