Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A pair of blue eyes - the heart of stamping joy!


Her eyes can make the hardest commuter smile ...

or the tiredest mother's heart melt.

Tonight my husband dropped our daughter to me at work and she and i caught the train from chatswood to Gosford home together.

We sat on a wide seat that held 4 adults comfortably - there were 4 adults seated and my daughter squeezed in beside me and the look she received from a tired commuting woman was withering to say the least. I asked my daughter to sit on my lap and the woman squeezed into the spot she had just vacated, seconds later a man stood up and offered her his seat. My daughter smiled at the man and the woman equally and both smiled back. It's the innocense in their hearts that finds joy in ours.

This scrap book page begun with a photo and a piece of scrap watercolour paper. I stamped the petal print flower on the water colour paper in stazon and pushed some ink around the petals in lavender lace ink and orchid opulence ink. Less is more in watercolouring i believe.

Then matted it on egglplant and ballet blue. (Next to purple this is one of my favourite colours) I think it looks purple in some light conditions.

The rest of the elements arose from boho backgrounds and big deal alphabet using every blue in the rich regals colour range. I used the ink spots ( a great idea if you cant decide which colour inks you want to buy ...) to stamp the "blue eyes" of the heading and the " a pair of " is embossed with white ink and white embossing powder it really stands out on a textured cardstock scrap book page.

And the background is stamped with the baroque motif large stamp in ballet blue.

The bow is made from taffeta ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: