Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Holiday wishes... 'tis the season of joy!

I have spent two out of four days of my long weekend making christmas cards, yes.

With two of my favourite friends.

I have taken two photos of this embossed card to try to show you the gold embossing and dazzling diamonds matted on gold metalic paper ... the light is low and its after 7pm not the best hour of the day to pick up the true colours and so I turned the dining room lights on and tilted it toward the suns slanting rays ...



This card is made with two stampsets:

  • Holiday wishes and Season of Joy!

The cardstock is whisper white, rose red and Stampin' up metalic gold paper.

Accessories: the ribbon is craft taffeta (it has a caramel tone to it) and the large eyelet is pewter punched with the crop a dile. Words are cut out with the large oval punch. The tree and star are gold embossing powder and dazzling diamond glitter, 2-way glue pen, snail adhesive and dimensionals for popping up the Merry Christmas.

Inks: versamark and pink passion.

To soften the pink passion hearts I used an aqua painter pen to make them a little less passionate.

'Tis the Season of Joy!

As a break from the greens and reds for christmas I have played with the season of joy word stamp using bold bright markers on the rubber before stamping just a portion and cutting and adhering elements to highlight the "joy!"

Cardstock: Lavender lace, whisper white and wild wasabi.

The Double sided paper is celery and the wide grosgrain ribbon is also celery folded and the snowflake adhered in the centre with a star brad from the styled silver hodgepodge set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: