Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stamping Bookmarks



On Tuesday night I had an evening in with some girlfriends ... several cups of tea, chocolate biscuits ... I got home a bit late and am still suffering the effects of sleep deprivation.
The other ladies made multiple christmas cards - hmmm I just made one.
Oh, and this very handy bookmark in black and white.
Now I know I picked this idea up from several websites - the bookmark and tab on a string. There are many different varieties out there. So, If it's yours please just leave me a comment and I will give credit where credit's due.

I think the bookmarks make excellent small gifts that you could put in with your christmas cards ... then there is that wonderful perforated card with the detachable bookmark that I will be experimenting with very soon! Not to mention a triangular corner page bookmark.
As you may have guessed I read a lot (on the train to work) and so bookmarks are an essential accessory for me, mostly I have used tickets and receipts and scraps of paper to mark my place, so this will be so much nicer ... to have a decorative and stamped bit of cardstock within the pages of your book.

Stampset: Be Happy. Ink: White craft. Cardstock: Black


This is the christmas card I made. Season of joy christmas tree and Holiday Harmony DS paper. I used my brand new tab punch to cut out the tabs on the right side and the large oval punch for the Very merry greeting with a silver brad and a wrap of organza ribbon on the left (for balance).

It is quite simple,very little stamping although perhaps it needs a swirl on the confetti white cardstock ... oh and the cardstock used is always artichoke - the new green in cardmaking especially since the old olive is on back order this month!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: