Thursday, January 29, 2009

Botanical Birthday card

I enjoyed making this card ... fiddly but for one it is back to the purple cardstock and inks I like to play with.
It has embossing (in white) and vellum, and flowers that I have stamped in Orchid Opulence and Elegant eggplant using the two step stamping technique. The flowers at the top I have stamped in eggplant ink, but you could do this in versamark for that watermark look.


Here is a close up of the embossing on the velum, this is very fast, as the velum helps to heat the powder and it melts very quickly. If you hold the heat on it too long it will spread and you lose that crisp raised appearance. Tell me about it ... I learn by experience.The Materials:

Cardstock: Elegant eggplant, orchid opulence and whisper white. Velum.

Inks: white craft ink, Elegant eggplant, orchid opulence.

White signo gel pen for the faux stitching.

White brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig and Mat pack .

Stampsets: Botanical Blooms (SAB2009), Finest flourishes, and Stem sayings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: