Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh, So lovely - Bookmark card

This is one card I have had in my head for a long time that I have said I am going to attempt ... one of these days. I didnt even look up a tutorial to make this one -I have just seen it a few times on other blogs and thought: I can do that, just have to make some time. It was a very warm morning so I took a bundle of my stamping supplies downstairs to the coolest part of my house and this is what came of it.
The best part is the perforated line that separates the bookmark from the card. When you tear off the perforation part you end up with a book mark and a card: Two gifts in one!

This picture here shows the perforated line running down the centre. To perforate the cardstock I used the stampin' up Cutter Kit. If you have a perforating blade on your papercutter you might be able to get a curvy line. This one I cut freehand and then cut the printed paper to match the same curve.
And this picture shows the very basic water colouring job I did on the "Oh, So lovely" hostess stamp. Stamped on Confetti white paper in Old olive ink, I then used the mellow moss marker to fill in around the leaves and stem and using the aquapainter ( you could use a watercolour brush) I blended the colours into each other.
Materials:
Stampset: Hostess set - Oh, so Lovely.
Cardstock - Old Olive, confetti white.
Ink: Old olive, mellow moss marker.
Paper: DS paper - ginger blossom (Summer mini catalogue)
Ribbon: Old olive wide
Tools: perforate and cutting blades on the SU cutter Kit. Square-scallop punch. Scallop-edge punch. Small hole punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: