Thursday, January 01, 2009

Garden whimsy emerging colour

I just had to give this technique another go ... my last attempt was a bit busy ... this is a layered colourful technique, though I am hoping this time I have simplified the process and I am happier with the result.

First step is to stamp the little lady beetles and bugs in rose red and pumpkin pie onto whisper white cardstock.

Next I stamped the large butterflies in versamark and dusted it with clear embossing powder, heated it with the heat tool till it went clear and shiny ... love that effect.

Then, I sponged turquoise and olive over the whole strip to make the butterflies emerge from the background. Also known as "embossing resist".


I have layed the butterfly panel on to rose red cardstock which I have scalloped with the scallop-edge tool and placed it on a Taken with Teal card base. The Best wishes is stamped in white and embossed too. The rose red cardstock was punched out with the square-scallop punch and cut with scissors top and bottom to create a label that can be attached to the ribbon with two white brads. The ribbon is turquoise grosgrain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: