Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My upside down card ... its all about balance.

Not sure if this layout works ... I have used the Botanical Blooms stampset and had a lovely time two-step stamping in orchid opulence and mellow moss ...then, spent just a little too long playing with the layout of the card elements... it was past midnight and my eyes weren't feeling the best. Eventually I just said what the heck it looks OK! stick it together and stop wasting all night on one project ... When I had a look at it in the cool light of day, I think it looks better upside down.
For me the design looks more balanced that way. When the Scallop edge was at the top it was top heavy and I think it works better at the bottom. So that's what I did (see the photo). I turned the whole card around and the sentiment too.

And, here is a close up of the cut out botanical bloom flower it now hangs down like this!

Materials: Cardstock: Eggplant, Orchid opulence, sage shadow, whisper white. Ink: Orchid opulence, sage shadow. Punches: scallop edge and Large oval. Ribbon: Eggplant grosgrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: