Friday, July 17, 2009

Elite challenges - sketch and colour challenge for July

It is school holidays when you don't have to rush off to the school gates twice a day. Time to create while child plays with her toys and draws pictures for me and we chat together. A browse over at Elite challenges blog inspired me to try Sketch challenge 23. If you have a copy of the stampin' up catalogue the original card design is on page 31.
A challenge can be just an inspiration - you don't have to follow it too closely, so I added a few more layers (as you do).
And, the colour challenge for July was called Naval Kraft and included using: Not quite navy, kraft, and Vanilla. The cardstock I used was very vanilla and Not quite navy. For the third colour "kraft" I used the Bella bleu Designer series papers which feature printed flowers in kraft and cream. The very basic stamping is using only one stampset - Bella's bloom.Above is the little flower stamp which I have accented with a half pearl, layered on a scallop punched square of DSP paper, layered over a square of the not quite navy cardstock. A colour challenge is exactly what you need when you have too many colours to choose from or find colour choices difficult.The sentiment stamp is from the same Bella's bloom set. This is lovely for a special birthday, or a card for a friend who is going through a transitional stage of their life, and lets face it aren't we all at one time or another. We all need a reminder sometimes that now is our time to bloom.

* Would you like a copy of the current Idea book and catalogue? email me and I will deliver or post one to you. Book a workshop this month and receive a ring bound copy for free.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: