Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best wishes and raspberry tarts...

This was the card I ended up with after Tuesday night's evening of stamping with a couple of friends. It is nothing like the original card I was intending to make, but none of my "creations" ever do I'm afraid, so I will stop apologising for that now.
To enjoy what you do you have to make what you like, what pleases your sense of creativity. Occasionally others like what I do, or they just like parts of what I do... its an individual thing and thats what I like about it - no two cards are ever the same, depending on the style and taste of the person who makes it.So the card is fairly simple only a few layers ... but I wanted to use one of my wheels: the baroque wheel in versamark ink, and then I decide to clear emboss it to make it dark and glossy. The patterned paper is from the Raspberry tart pack of papers. It is rose red, real red, cameo coral, kiwi kiss and pretty in pink. I love buttlerflies, and the wings kind of mirror the shape of the flowers in the background paper. I have rock and rolled the butterflies in regal rose and rose red ink. The Centre butterfly has a velum layer and is attached with a silver brad. If you look closely you will see I have used some versamark and clear embossing powder to accentuate the wings. I think my clear embossing powder has some dazzling diamonds in it, too. This greeting "Best wishes" is from the Oval All stampset, which becomes available on 1st of August in the new mini catalogue.
I have stamped it in regal rose and touched it up with rose red. Did I mention how useful the oval scallop punch is?

Materials used:
S
tampset: Oval all, Dreams du Jour, Baroque Border wheel.
Cardstock: Rose red, Pink pirouette, whisper white, kiwi kiss, vellum.
Ink: Regal rose, rose red, versamark.
Designer series paper - Raspberry tart.
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, clear embossing powder, silver brad, half pearl, snail adhesive and dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: