Thursday, February 10, 2011

So happy for you with Aviary owl... to pocket or not to pocket?

Another of the cards I made during last week's February heatwave.
The colours are a little dark in the photo because I was taking them downstairs at the southern window.
 My card is made with the Sweet and Sour Specialty Paper. The folded front flap is torn and a piece of Early Espresso ribbon tied around the card to create a pocket for my message to tuck into.
 The aviary stamp has lots of little birdies of different shapes. (My favourites are the owl and the sparrow).
The small cage fits nicely onto the 1 3/8" circle punch.
 If you only tie the ribbon around the front panel your card can open downwards to reveal a stamped interior.
I have kept this one very basic... a new idea for me I know.
 Two more cages with cute little birdies singing to each other on the inside panel.
OR, 
 if you tie the ribbon loop around the whole card you retain the pocket and can slide the insert up to reveal the pictures of the birds in their cages.
Card Recipe:
Stampset: Aviary $35.95 p.13 of the Summer mini.
So happy for you. FREE when you spend $100 during Sale-a-bration.
Cardstock: Rose Red, whisper white.
Ink: Rose red, Early Espresso.
Ribbon: Early Espresso tafetta 1/8"
Specialty Printed paper: Sweet and Sour $22.95
1 3/8" circle punch, cropadile, cotton thread.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: