Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet and Sour butterflies

I have scrapbooked a page from our December holidays. We usually visit family on boxing day. It is one of the few days of the year I can get Jessie in a dress to sit and look pretty for a photo before she is out rolling in the dirt,chasing lizards and climbing trees.
When I opened my last order I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my butterfly die and the Sweet and sour patterned papers.
All I needed was a picture with some Rose Red and pink to match these gorgeous papers.
I chose a photo of Jessica with her aunty and cousin.
 This specialty patterned paper is double sided with one side glossy and textured. You can see the glossy pattern on the butterfly. One of the textured sides has this mosaic pattern, it contrasts with the swirly patterns and also goes with the square embossing layer under it.
 The sponging of the edges makes it look soft and natural. These butterflies just called to me to add pearls for their bodies.With the ruffled ribbon it is very girlish.

 I just love the Pumpkin pie with Rose Red.
Scrap page Recipe:
Card stock: Rose Red, Regal Rose.
Specialty Paper: Sweet and Sour patterns $22.95 (12 sheets).
Ink: Rose Red
Tools: Big shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, square lattice embossing folder, Timeless type alphabet dies.
sponges, white satin ribbon, Basic pearls, mini glue dots and dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. They say we live in a small world, Sinead has known my daughter Allie since Kindy, we know Sip & Brett well. Sinead and Allie were best friends throught out primary school until they went to different High Schools, i was surprised to see their photos and by the way lovely layout too, love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: