Thursday, February 03, 2011

Faux Silk thank you

I have been spending my days closed up inside to avoid the 38-42 degree heat. My dining room has been about 34 degrees for a couple of days now. So I bundled up my crafting supplies and carried them to the cool downstairs.
Here is one of the first of my experiments.
The Faux silk technique.
I'd never done this before and got the inspiration from an article in Stampin' Up's monthly magazine that they send out to all demonstrators. Just one of the services that you get for Free when you join up with this generous company.
The technique is a little cheaper than purchasing real silk and printing on it...
Faux silk in Four Easy steps:
1.  Stamp your image onto whisper white cardstock.
 (I've used the Just Believe flowers inked up with my old olive ink pad, then I removed some ink with a blender pen from the rubber that would be Rose red. Then, used my Rose red marker to colour the rubber before stamping it).
2.  Next you cut a piece of white tissue paper, crumple it, and flatten it out again.
3.  Wipe a thin layer of adhesive all over the white cardstock, making sure you do the edges and corners properly. My first card I used multipurpose glue and the second time I used anywhere glue stick (better).
4.  Place the tissue down on top of the white cardstock and trim off any excess.

It is so easy to create this faux silk look . What I love about stamping is there ares so many techniques that are so simple and have fantastic results!
The double border on this card is made with the pinking hearts punch (new in the current summer mini).
It looks really great when done with the Eyelet border punch, too.
Is there a technique you would like to learn?
Give me a call or email me: nerida_carter@hotmail.com and we can have a class or workshop at your place.

Card Recipe:
Stampset: Just believe
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin pie.
Marker: rose red and blender pen (to wipe off the olive ink)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, whisper white
Accessories: Pinking hearts punch, Bold Brights button, tissue paper.

Did you like this technique? Leave me a comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: