Monday, September 12, 2011

Sydney training day (part 1)

What a busy week we are having ...
On Saturday Stampin' up ran their annual training day for Demonstrators and their guests.
Our day started early at the Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour.
There were presentations from Stampin up staff and some very talented demos:
 Beth Stewart, Kerry Bunting, Linda Higgins and Marelle Taylor
 Here is my upline: Linda getting "miked up" for her presentation on stage.
She demoed a fabulous workshop WOW using a water colour resist technique and another called acetate resist. Here are some the samples she made with this technique.
 Aren't they just gorgeous? I know I will be having a go at this with heat embossing and coloured reinkers.
 Stampin up trainers showed us wonderful new things to do with the big shot and dies.

Sophie Zadeh showed us how to tint, brayer and emboss velum with differnet ink colours.
While Clare Martin gave us a presentation on using the Builder wheels, cartridges and spotlighting with the bevelled windows. We tied the perfect bow using a kitchen fork with Amanda Maycocke. So many new ideas and products to combine with fabric and cardstock.
It was a fabulous day with much sharing and swapping of ideas. Here are just some of the lovely ladies I shared my day with: Ellen, Penny and Nerida (me)!
Tenielle, Penny and Ellen.
We had such a fun day.
I will post again later with my swaps fom the day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, as usual. The presentations look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicity, we had a lovely day, you were missed very much! Bettina gave me a gorgeous swap.
    I will post them up perhaps tomorrow after the launch party tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: