Monday, July 09, 2012

CASEing Vanessa's ostrich feather card.

Remember the Convention photos that I showed you, the swap I received from Vanessa Webb, I just had to have a go at my own version of her framelit card with the Blossom punch flower and "faux" Ostrich feathers.
As you can see mine are a shameless CASEof Vanessa's card.
I've used the same Blossom punch, embossed it with the Wallpaper embossing folder, sponged with soft suede ink then, centred it with a Boho Blossom flower and Antique brad.
I used the slightly smaller Framelit Die to cut my window which gave me more room at the top ... which meant a ribbon.
Of course, I couldn't decide which looked better: the pink tafetta or the crumb cake seam binding?
I think perhaps I like this one best. The seam binding ties a beautiful soft double bow and doesn't detract from the pretty in pink flower and Mocha morning specialty paper.
 Here's my second card: with thin taffeta ribbon and some additional stamping of the Creative Elements background stamp.
You be the judge.
I sprayed both flowers with Shimmer mist for extra sparkle and sponged all the edges of the card with Soft Suede Ink.
 My sentiment is "Happiest Birthday" from the Apothecary Art stamp set.
Rasied up on Dimensionals and sponged for a vintage look. 
Here's a close up of my Blossom punch flower. You can just make out the Arctic white shimmer paint on the pink and suede cardstock.
And did I mention the "faux" Ostrich feathers?
They are made from Stampin' Up!'s wide grossgrain ribbon, frayed pieces wound around the brad and voila faux feathers!
Recipe:
Cardstock: Pretty in pink, Crumb cake.
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Mocha Morning Specialty
Tools: Big shot, Framelits, Blossom punch, boho blossom flower punch.
Ribbons: seam binding - crumb cake
Thin tafetta - Pretty in Pink
Striped grosgrain: Pretty in pink
 Accessories: Antique brads.
Stampsets: Apothecary Art, Creative Elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: