Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Feature: Elements of Style stampset


This is just one of my all time favourite stampsets.
I love that you can watercolour the roses, background stamp with the swirly flower, hilight the bird (perhaps with embossing) and it comes with two sentiments: "for you" and "Life is a matter of moments".
At $39.95 Clear, or $49.95 Wood mounted it is reasonably priced for 5 useable stamps.
You will possibly need the Clear Block E (when you choose clear) because the roses are larger than the usual stamp size. But you will use the block for many other sets aswell.
 The roses stamp is a beautiful stamp to watercolour.
I have used my Wonder watercolour crayons for this card.
Black Stazon Ink is the best ink to stamp it in, when you want to watercolour as it doesn't smudge if it gets wet by the brush or aquapainter that you use.
The crayons are very simple to use, just touch your aquapainter brush to the crayon and lift off some colour and paint the flowers.
I usually try to leave some white sections to show through and add a darker colour for depth.
The background swirls are also inked with my watercolour crayons. Using the aquapainter brush I added the paint direct to the rubber and then stamped the swirl onto the cardstock. Its quite a soft wet look that I like.
As it was late at night, and the light wasn't very good, I thought it needed a little bit of shimmer paint.
So I picked up some of that and painted it on some petals... perhaps I over did it,
more white less paint next time I think.
A single layer card  needs a ribbon and a punched label.
I have recently discovered the "Four Frames" stampset and this one has roses that work well with a little watercolouring too.
Card Recipe:
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Old olive, Black stazon.
Cardstock: Whisper white and Confetti white (page.125 of the catalogue, might be retiring at the end August and its great to water colour on).
Ribbon: organza
Stampset: Elements of Style p.94 $39.95
 Four Frames. p.95 $32.95
Watercolour Wonder Crayons (Bold Brights) $37.95 (10 crayons).
Aquapainter brushes 2 for $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: