Friday, July 06, 2012

Fancy Fold and the Framelit die ..

 There are some beautiful card folds out there in the paper crafting world and this one caught my eye.
I needed to make a card for my newest cardmaking friend ... Hi Maggi!
It's her birthday this week and so I made this up the other morning... it is a CASE (copy and share everything) from a variety of cards out there on the internet.
This fancy fold is called a SWING card.
I have made them before with a square that swings as you open the card... to show the message on the back of the swinging part.
 You can see it a little better in the card angle above.
The centre piece is cut out using the Big shot cutting plates overlapping the Framelit die, turning it round and cutting the second edge.
Then, you place some pattterned or stamped paper over the centre piece (to hide the folds) and you have this cute little swinging panel which you can embellish on both sides.
 The Framelit dies come in six pieces that fit neatly inside each other that make framing a sentiment so easy.
I have stamped the Happy Birthday framelit and sponged the edges before layering it over some brushed silver metallic cardstock, (that was left behind by a friend - Hi Sophie) and a layer of Attic Boutique patterned paper in matching Pool party colours.
Here is the card flattened out, to show the two easy scored folds (scored with my Simply Scored Tool).
The texture is an embossing folder run through the Big shot and sponged for definition and I have stamped the Field flowers with pool party ink on the edge for a little extra detail.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card. Love all the textures and elements. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Nerida. I have to have a go. Thanks for an inspiring idea! I love the way you've give the card so much texture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, for your very kind comments. The brushed cardstock made it just a bit special.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: