Sunday, July 08, 2012

Male Vintage Artist trading cards

Crafter's anonymous have these regular ATC (artist trading card) swaps that I can't seem to say no to...
This was a challngeing one as I don't have many male stampsets and most vintage style stamps are more female than male...
So my method was to use the vintage stampsets I have that are the least girly.
Starting with a background of wheeled musical notes in black on sahara sand cardstock which I sponged with some "tea stain" ink.
The "Attic boutique" patterned papers have this lovely red and whte paper with boots and trunks and rocking chairs so I cut that into strips. Distressed the edges and rubbed it in black ink.
Cut out some circles of "First Edition" Specialty paper and stamped and distressed some more.
The "Rue de Fleurs" stampset has a trumpet which I stamped, watercoloured in daffodil delight and Poppy Parade ink ...
My cards were still too clean so I got to work with the ink splattering.
I now have a Colour Spritzer tool because you just can't do Vintage without a spritz of ink on your back grounds.
And to finish I stamped a Mr in the centre of the "Established Elegance" Agricole wreath, punched it out and watercoloured for a bit of artistic detail.
And here is the full set of swaps I received in return from the Australian Crafter's anonymous team:
Top Left to Right: Nerida C, Lyn Fox, Annette Sullivan,
Centre: Tania Cordie,
Svala Macfarlane, Anne Bignall, Deena Otway.

2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: