Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What is an ATC?


Many have asked... What is an ATC?
An ATC is an Artist Trading Card.
They are like mini works of Art that Artists and crafters share with one another or swap.
They usually have a theme, or an inspiration to spark creativity.
They can be made from cardstock or any material that will fit into a small plastic sleave and they must fit the dimensions of: 8.9cm x 6.4cm.
They can be single or multi-layered.
 Many online craft groups have Artist trading card swaps so that techniques and ideas can be shared.
They are not designed to be mini greeting cards, more samples of an artist's style, or an inspiration challenge.
These are the swaps I received in my mail box for the month of September -
The theme was simply - Angels and Fairies.
As you can see there is a wide range of ideas, styles and interpretations of the theme, using a variety of products and mediums.
I love receiving these little packages in the mail every so often. Angels and fairies was a little bit tricky as being a stamper I had to have a stamped fairy and having only had one princess stamp to my name...
My answer was to add some butterfly wings, copious amounts of "shimmer" paint and mist, Rhinestone jewels and "Dazzling details" for a glittery image with a layer or two of tearing and my fairy was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: