Thursday, September 20, 2012

Baby Prints...

One of my long time school friends (that I met when I was 8 years old) is going to be a grand mother!
I am sending the mum-to-be a card and baby gift in advance... can't wait for the new arrival.
A close up of the card I made.
I got to play with my new "Delicate designs" embossing folders and the "Adorning Accent" edgelit, that from the first time I saw it, looked like a pregnant tummy and breast. (to me, anyway).
 I have rocked, rolled and sponged the ink on these hands. They make me think of the many times I hand printed my own little baby's hands to measure her growth for her baby book.
 Open the card and I have stamped congratulations from the "Itty bitty banners" set.
Don't these little feet just make you say "ohhhh!"
 And then they pop up on strips of acetate held on with a few well placed glue dots.
Only a month to go I believe, so baby jelly bean is probably kicking his mum silly by now.
Next, I made a Clam shell box from the Crafter's anonymous tutorial.
 The "B" could stand for BABY or the first initial of his name.
I have used the new "Morning Post" stampset punched out with the postage stamp punch. Tied on with some Baker's twine and a ruffled ribbon in the minty blue of Pool party.
 And when you slide off the belly band and open the  box...
 There's a cute little singlet inside that says:
" Will smile for food."
They didn't have ... will smile for mummy's milk!
I will have to start stamping my own singlets very soon.
I had so much fun today making these two projects... and the baby isnt even born yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: