Thursday, March 28, 2013

Little chicken

Happy Easter to everyone who visits my blog this week!
This is my virtual Easter card just for you.
Isn't it the simplest and cutest little chicken ?
I spotted a card on pinterest made by Sharon Burkett and I simplified the design down to this.
 My little chicken is made using the 1 3/8 inch (that's 3.5cm) circle punch and the bird punch (wings) with Daffodil Delight card stock.
My background is a technique called masking. Where you punch out two scallop circles and use them as a mask while you sponge a soft blue ink. Gradually moving the scallop masks downwards till you cover the page with fluffy white clouds.
Card Recipe:
Stampsets - Teeny tiny sentiments, Nature walk
Cardstock - Certainly celery, whisper white, Daffodil Delight, Concord Crush, Poppy parade (for the beak and legs) I was using up paper from my scraps box.
ink - Baja Breeze, Concord Crush
punches - 3.5cm circle, two step bird, Word window
and scallop circle for the cloud mask
big shot - Adorning accent edgelit
ribbon - Daffodil Delight stitched

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: