Saturday, September 05, 2009

Father's day Card - Sense of Time.

Tomorrow is father's day. I started this card on Tuesday night and finally completed it on Saturday morning... Really, it started out a very simple embossed image of the clock face from the sense of time stampset. I decided to put it on a layer of crimped almost artichoke cardstock. Which I then wiped over with my chocolate chip ink pad which gives it that lovely rusted corrogated iron look. Some might call it a textural layer ... Next I wanted to put some "metal" on there for my heavy metal loving friends. (aka: blokes). That's the pewter jumbo eyelet on the right handside.


The sentiment: to my Wonderful father is from "wonderful favourites" stampset. It is a very versatile stampset for all your different family, (including inlaws, step-, cousins, grand, and favourite friend greetings. This one is not really a father's day card. It could just as easily be a birthday card for dad in a few months time. This was stamped on vellum with whisper white craft ink and layered again over the crimped "corrogated" cardstock. I embellished a bit further with my matt pack to make a row of holes above and below the sahara sand cardstock layer.


Then stamped and cut out the watch-cog image and placed it on dimensionals at the bottom. To finish it off I got out the crystal effects and covered the small "seconds-dial" at the bottom of the clock with it (to simulate glass) and the cogs at the bottom.

To make this card you will need:
Stampset: Sense of time (spring mini catalogue) ($39.95)
Wonderful Favourites (set of 23 stamps on page 115 of the IB&C) ($39.95)
Cardstock: Close to cocoa, sahara sand, almost artichoke, chocolate chip, vellum.
Ink: VersaMark, chocolate chip, whisper white craft.
Tools and accessories: jumbo eyelet, crop-a-dile, silver embossing powder, heat gun, crimping tool, matt pack and awl, Crystal effects and corner rounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: