Thursday, December 18, 2008

Live your dream ... words of wisdom from my mum


Are you living your dream? Do you have one?
Its never too late, to have a dream .... you might just like to say: "yes, I am living a dream-life"!
Being December it is always a good time to reflect - My wise old mum used to tell me that she used to review her life every year and ask:
" Is this the best work I could be doing?
Is this the best place I could be at? Am I happy how things are going at work, at home? And am I treating people the way I like to be treated?
If no, well then you know what to do about it ... change what you are doing, saying, thinking and do something about it."

She lived by that and lived a successful and fulfilling life, she had hardships like everyone, but she was always practical and considerate of others ... and on that I think she lived very well.

My mum always had birds and animals: Bantam chickens when we were young (in the backyard), miniature dogs (in the house), canaries (in the garage and then they moved into the laundry), budgies, ducks (only once - they were too noisy), she had 40 canaries at one stage ... she always started out small and built her collections very gradually... with thought and patience and care.

Materials:
Live your dream stampset
Wild wasabi, confetti white and soft sky textured blue cardstock
Choc chip wide grosgrain ribbon
Inks: Wild wasabi for the butterflies, choc chip for the bird and greeting.
White gel pen (for faux stitching), Mat pack for making holes for faux stitching.
Designer series paper: Afternoon Tea from the Summer mini catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: