Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Little Bundle of Joy - Baby card

It's a boy!!!
I am enjoying making baby cards at the moment ... a few of my friends are doing the 2nd, 5th or 6th baby production run at the moment. I was done after one, I am so glad other mothers can have babies for me to cuddle and welcome to the world ... I am loving this baja blue colour with Pacific point for boy cards ....
I would have no excuse to normally, indulge in backgronds that say - Adore, love, family, Together, cherish, hope, heartfelt... but for little babies.
This technique is called embossing resist - You stamp the background stamp on white cardstock.
You stamp a large stamp such as the grass from "Inspired by Nature" in VersaMark ink, sprinkle it with clear embossing powder, heat it ... then sponge the baja blue ink over the image.
The embossed image resists the ink and shows white, with the darker background stamp beneath. Just love the textured look and feel of this technique.
the little bundle of joy stamp is embossed in clear on white cardstock too. Then sponged to reveal the image ... A piece of Pacific point ribbon and its done. Now for the pink one ....




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: