Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Convention swaps and a wonderful 4 days!

These are some of the swaps I took to convention ... I know very simple, very quick for me it was all about the colours I didnt even have time to add ribbon or add the recipe to the back but it was so worth it to share cards with so many other demonstrators.

We drove down on Thursday afternoon, found our hotel and had dinner with some other Central Coast demos, settled in to our rooms ... I could not sleep with anticipation.
This was the view from our room, I was up early ... it was cool and foggy
We checked in at the national convention centre and received our stampin up Convention bags, Celebration pins, 2 free stamp sets, name tag, wrist band, pen and free catalogue. To top it all off we then went up stairs to Memento hall and splashed out on more pens, pencil cases, umbrellas and calculators in beautiful colours and patterns matching the stampin up products.Here we are on the first day at convention mingling with the Stampin up staff at the make and take in the Exhibition hall . It was huge ! That's me on the left, Jill Kocherhans (SU staff), Felicity and Cath on the right.

My favourite part of Convention had to be the Awards Banquet dinner on Saturday night.
We were treated to a beautiful dinner with the most gorgous flowers on our table, sashed blue bows on our chairs and beautiful food.


Here is the room from above ... we are over at the back (close to and left of the orchestra) !!! Yes, we had beautiful live music playing while we ate. . . and dessert was lemon citron tart ...with strawberry coulis. We all took photos of the sample boards and learnt heaps of new techniques and watched demonstrations using the new stampsets and in colours!

Shelli (co founder of Stampin Up) demonstrated her own signature collection in a vintage style and we had door prizes sprinkled through the general session and lectures to keep us energised. I'll share some more great hi lights tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: