Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Male card anyone?

I have a whole lot of cards that I made in the week leading up to convention. I was preparing for a workshop that didn't go ahead. Postponed I like to say. This one is a male card ... many people find male cards a challenge ... I just figure anything that is not pink and doesn't have flowers on it will work. But we all need inspiration.

Add ImageJust a matter of finding a stamp set that fits the bill. I like trees, animals, boats and tool sets, nature sets like the grass image from inspired by nature would work ... or just use word stamps with patterns and texture, edge tearing, crumpling, corrugation (crimping), eyelets and rough textured stamping in your favourite boy colours: pacific point, kiwi kiss, or caramel, cocoa and chocolate.

Did I mention at conference there was a whole session on techniques and ideas for male cards and masculine scrapbook layouts ? We could do a class together or workshop it with a few friends ...

Materials:
Stampsets: lovely as a tree, En francais, Wonderful favourites (word stamp). Ink: Pacific point baja breeze, kiwi kiss. Cardstock (same) with confetti white. Ribbon: Kiwi kiss and vanilla satin. Distressing tool for the edges of the baja breeze cardstock. Techniques: rock and rolling, collage background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: