Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thinking of Friends 24/7

Friends ? How important they become when your best friend moves interstate and you're not in the working world and every body is busy ... sometimes too busy to share regular conversation just to keep in touch!
When I read "friends 24/7" I think, well of course! Who would want to be friends only during business hours or only during certain hours or when they felt like it ??? But that's the nature of friendships they come in all different shapes, sizes and patterns... some people gather a whole set of friends ... special ones for different occasions.
I guess its like anything in life: if you keep looking for that perfect idea or that illusive one-size-fits-all, you miss a lot of very beautiful moments along the way ... where would we be without our friends to point out our failings, our misconceptions, keep us thinking and hopeful of the future?
Maybe I just dont get enough sleep ...This little bird is beginning to grow on me!
And after seeing it demonstrated by Shelli at Convention in her vintage style it just shows the versatility of this stampset and many uses for one single image.
This card is for a special friend whom I love, and I will always be here for her, she doesn't visit my blog, (that I know of) so I can be as soppy as I like and she might never know...
Pacific point cardstock is just so gorgous I want to buy it in every type of ink, ribbon and cardstock: textured, smooth, 12x12 and A4 ... no excuse not to use it, and it goes with baja breeze and Next to Navy perfectly in my opinion.
I kind of rock and rolled the bird in the baja breeze and pacific point inkpads to darken specific parts of the stamp. Dressed it up with a filigree flower brad and the "Friend" word as the sentiment ... with a piece of bashful blue tafetta ribbon tied to the Not quite navy strip of cardstock. Did you notice the floral medalion in the background?
The sketch is from page 81 of the current 2009-10 idea book and catalogue.

Materials:

Stampsets: Friends 24/7, En francais background. Cardstock: whisper white, pacific point, baja breeze, not quite navy. Ink: pacific point, baja breeze, not quite navy. Accessories: filigree brads, tafetta ribbon in bashful blue, Paper cutter for distressing edges of the cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: