Friday, November 13, 2009

Gate folding for a great friend card

Gate fold cards are "in" this season, I like them cause they're different to your standard card and they have flippy-open, folding-under little bits to keep them shut... kind of secret door opening panels to figure out...
I have featured the great friend butterfly (will miss this little butterfly when the Spring mini finishes at the end of November) I am guessing he might appear in next years main catalogue, but you never can tell, and even so it is a long time to wait until October 2010 to find out.The butterflies are silver embossed onto elegant eggplant and two are cut out to be popped up on dimensionals and their wings help to keep the gate of the card shut.
Here is my card half opened, one side of the opening is punched with an eyelet border punch for decorative effect. It tucks in under the square matted butterfly. I have matted twice: one layer is baza breeze cardstock and the other is silver metalic cardstock.
Materials used :
Stampset: Great friend (Spring mini catalogue)
Silver metalic, baja breeze and Elegant eggplant cardstock
Ribbon: elegant eggplant grosgrain.
Tools: silver embossing powder, Versamark ink, heat tool.
Eyelet border punch, dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: