Friday, November 20, 2009

Time for another Elite challenge sketch?

I quite enjoy a challenge ... I am not the competetive type, I just like to set a problem and solve it in a creative way. Sometimes I succeed and others well it's a matter of opinion.
This technique is known as collage - where you use several stamps and layer them on top of one another, in a pleasing way. I wanted to use the soft subtles colour family (for inspiration) on this one. Though, ended up using only Perfect plum, a dash of So saffron and Pink pirouette from the in-colours with black and white as my neutrals.
Now what was the challenge?
To make a card using the same design as the card on page 12 of the mini spring catalogue.
I have used the sense of time stampset (from page 16 of the spring caty).
The main part of this sketch is that cute cut out circle for the ribbon to tie into and the little brad/flower above it. At first the brad looked like this: Not very exciting so I added some Crystal effects and superfine glitter and gave it a sparkly centre.
I trimmed the ribbon and used small saffron brads to hold down the cardstock. They seem to suit the mechanical workings of the clock and the little flower brad looks a bit like a cog?
The sentiment is timeless: Learn, Live and hope ... for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: