Monday, November 09, 2009

No two snow flakes are ever the same ... or cards?

Last Tuesday, (about a week ago), I started on this series of Christmas cards using the Snow swirled stampset. I challenged myself to use non Christmassy colours .... not sure if it works but the colours please me and my main reasons for card making is experimentation, relaxation and creating for myself and if there are a few cards to share with friends then that's a bonus.
The layout idea was provided by Belinda, but I changed it a bit, well more than a bit... That's the fun of card making communities: you get inspiration from someone's idea here, a little subconscious patterning from somewhere else and your own individual preferences and style on top of that.
I do like this sentiment stamp: May the true spirit of Christmas fill your heart with peace, your home with love. I think I bought this stampset for the words as much as the snow flakes and because it matched the so swirly wheel and the "I wish" Scrapbooking pack, figured I might get some use out of it.
The main accent on each of these cards is the scallop circle that I have punched out in acetate, (clear transparency) and a cardstock base. I stamped the acetate with white stazon and attached it to the card with a brad. I find the thicker acetate works best, any thin stuff doesn't punch out that well and may not be as clear and shiny... but you use what you have at hand.I have seen this colour combination of lavender lace, black and white around this year and I have used it before... I am sure I have. This time I have mixed it with a little baja breeze and kiwi kiss (in the stamped white panel) and I like it.The next card is made with all the colours I think, repetition of colour works for me and a strip of baja breeze patterned paper behind the ribbon because at this stage there was not enough baja breeze being used. The snow flake is made with a kiwi kiss circle scallop with a second black scallop beneath it...You can not really see the baja breeze strip anyway ... And there you have it the four variations I came up with. Like snowflakes no two are ever the same.What I used to make these cards:
Stampset: Snow swirled
Cardstock: Basic black, whisper white, kiwi kiss, baja breeze, lavender lace.
Ink: Baja breeze, kiwi kiss, orchid opulence, stazon black and stazon white.
Other: Old olive wide grosgrain ribbon, scallop circle punch, antique brads, eyelet border punch, corner rounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: