Sunday, February 21, 2010

Newcastle Craft Expo

Just had to share some photos with you of the cards I am demonstrating at the Newcastle Craft Expo this weekend. My product demo was the sweet treat cups showing several different ways to mount them on a card and also the variety of fun things you can put in them.
I used the Designer Series paper on each card from the Bella Bleu Patterns pack. This one I filled with ginger bears.... they might be fun to give to a pregnant friend if she is experiencing morning sickness all day.
My card is opened using a sliding door to let the jelly-bear-babies fall out from the back. I have decorated the slider with the bird in a cage from Happy Moments stampset.
(A FREE stampset during SALEABRATION when you spend $100).
On my second card I have used the sweet treat cup as a glitter and shaker for gold hearts. The Cardstock is kiwi kiss, the patterned paper is bella bleu once again and the bird from Happy Moments.
I love gold hearts and super fine glitter together. The hole for the sweet treat cup is punched with a 1 3/4" circle punch. The cup is glued down with its own sticky strip tape at the back. After you have put the glitter and hearts in the bowl.
I have added a piece of chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and an oval punch for the Happy birthday sentiment at the top and some sponged ink for definition.
If you are reading this post on Sunday, its not too late to get to the show at the Entertainment centre, Broadmeadow. Its open from 10am - 4.30pm. Stampin Up are on stand F13. And don't forget to sit your self down for a make and take card and fill out a lucky door prize form to win a free stampset, ink pads,  cardstock and ribbon. I had such a great day on Saturday talking to everyone.
More tomorrow...
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: