Thursday, April 07, 2011

French Folliage

 Every day a new stampset to play with... that is just another reason why I love Autumn. It is the time to launch the Autumn mini catalogue and celebrate the cooler weather.
These leaves remind me of long walks in the park, green grassy lawns with maple leaves and Birch leaves sprinkling down from the tree branches above. A picnic while the children can shout, laugh and play in the leaves on the ground.
Here where I live, Autumn comes slowly.
Most of the trees are still very green.
 Only the rainy days and cool breezes announce the coming of Autumn.
So I have used the tried and true "rock and roll" technique to get the Old Olive, pumpkin pie and Early espresso ink slow turning look on my stamped leaves.
*     *     *     *
The first layout was inspired by the card on page 5 of the mini Autumn catalogue. I am using the spiral edge punch to look like the page of a note book. And some of the Botanical paper along the bottom.
*     *     *     *
The second layout is my own: just tossing the torn stamped pieces on an angle with some distressing of the edges and stamping in Old olive for the background.
*     *     *     *
Card Recipe:
Stampset:
French Folliage (set of 6): $31.95 clear or $39.95 wood mount, Teeny tiny sentiments.
Cardstock: Old Olive, Early Espresso, whisper white.
Paper: Botanical Gazette $16.95
Ink: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso.
Tools: Decorative label punch $33.95, large oval punch $30.95
Spiral border punch $30.95 and Early Espresso satin ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: