Saturday, April 30, 2011

Melbourne and Stampin' Up 2011 Convention...

Its only 11 more sleeps till I am off to Stampin' Up's 2011 Convention in Melbourne !!!
If you have been on this journey with me for vrey long, you will know what an exciting 5 days I will be spending, with atleast 5 (or is it 500) of my closest SU friends.
I have a to do list that keeps growing and one of them is to make a Name tag.
This year the Crafters Anonymous group have a challenge to make a name tag that identifies you as part of their group.
Well, I am still working on this project... it is definitely a work in progress:
 I started with the pre-requisite Concord crush patterned paper, mounted on Perfect Plum Cardstock.
For my name I used the Big Shot Time less Type Alphabet die to spell it out.
*     *     *     *
While the Big shot was on the table I tried my brand new Embosslit buttons (in whisper white) AND the Beautiful wings die, plus the other Beautiful Butterflies die.
Can't have enough flutterbies on this project.
Before attaching the accessories, I have used a new technique where you emboss the whole project .
 Not enough?
It needed more ... to truly describe my paper and crafting passion.
Artistic Etchings on velum stamped with Black stazon.
Now, the butterfly needed a little Crystal effects for that shiny lacquered look, and so do the buttons ...
Got Rhinestones? ...Check!
I think it needs more rhinestones... and something that says Crafters anonymous.

2 comments:

  1. I love it and look forward to catching up with you at Convention - I will have my badge on too...LOL....Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag, so many details, your bag will certainly stand out among the others. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: