Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strength and Hope

Just from the first week of the Autumn Winter catalogue, I am guessing that this stampset is going to be one of the most popular stampsets in this  mini because
1. Every card I have made with it so far has worked out (always a good omen)
2. It has been featured on lots of other SU demonstrators sites (and they look gorgeous)
And
3. Card makers are more likely to want to make a difference in the world around them.
The stampset is called "Strenght and Hope".
($28.95 clear, $35.95 wood mount).
*     *     * 
Stampin' Up is donating $2 from the purchase of this stampset to the breast cancer research foundation.
 BCRF (www.bcrfcure.org) is dedicated to the prevention of breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime by funding  clinical research, worldwide.
I just love combining a whole lot of products on one card.
Like the big shot "Top note" and "heart of hearts" embosslit.
The "Hope and Strength" butterfly is Stamped in Sahara sand ink then, I've stamped the swirls in Soft Suede and Baja breeze.
I added the H for hope on top of the heart.
It needed a frame.
Taaa daaa!
Along comes the Bevelled window panes (new in the Autumn mini).
Can you see the bevelled frame held on with the taffetta ribbon?
Perhaps, you can see it better in the next photo.
And if that wasn't enough embellishing ... I added the three rhinestone jewels to the body of the butterfly.
And a heart punched with my small heart punch.
Going to try this in my favourite purple: Concord Crush...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Felicity, I really like this stampset and can see myself doing a lot with the words and swirled scroll stamp. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you came to visit me, because now I've found your lovely blog Nerida.

    This is a beautiful card, love the colour combination too.
    Love the French Foliage Brown too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: