Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Botanical Gazette

 This designer series paper is like leafing through a vintage book of botanical pictures. I love vintage in a modern style with the birds and plants, bees and butterflies that are lovely images to work with.
The Botanical Gazette patterned paper coordinates with a stampset called Nature walk. My daughter has already sent out some cards with the eggs for Easter.
The colours in the paper are Old Olive, marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Not quite navy, Early Espresso, so saffron and Vanilla.
I think these will be very versatile: its warm, its muted, real and natural.
To give my card a feminine twist I added the new Framed tulips embossing folder on Blushing Bride coloured Cardstock.
 I water coloured the flowers on the paper with marina mist and Old olive inks, then added the crystal effects on top to give a glossy dimensional lift.
 So much on this card. Note the new Decorative label punch that can be used in a variety of ways to make frames for our sentiments.
And lastly, I have used the Boho Blossom punch flowers to make the Vanilla, Marina Mist and Blushing bride flower with some sponging and a pearl for its centre.
Card Recipe:
Paper: Botanical Gazette (12 double sided sheets) $16.95
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Marina Mist,Very Vanilla
Ink: Marina Mist, Old Olive.
Tools: Decorative label XL punch $33.95, Boho Blossom punch,Word window punch.
Big shot machine $179.95, Framed Tulips embossing folder $15.95
Crystal effects $11.95, half backed pearl jewells, sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: