Tuesday, April 26, 2011

French folliage in red

Another quick post today... it is still school holidays and I am loving the freedom of getting up early, not rushing with breakfast and school. We look out on to a view of trees and a few are turning orange with the early Autumn cool days and clear weather. It is a very special time of year.
This stampset "French Folliage" has delightful  leaves that can change with the season and make perfect masculine birthday cards, Father's day or, Thank you cards.
 For variety I have rolled the leaves in Old olive, Pumpkin pie and riding hood red ink with a touch of early espresso. The background patterned paper is the new "Botanical Gazette" and has some butterflies that I have lightly watercoloured and sponged around the edges.
My big shot machine has supplied the textured background using the square lattice embossing folder once again. My motto is if in doubt add an easy tie ribbon and this one makes quite an impact I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: