Monday, April 30, 2012

Summer Solstice

 If you know me or have been following my blog for a while, you will know I love butterflies.
 We found this stone sign at a garden we visited during the school holidays.
We are happiest when we can get involved in something we love, something we are passionate about or something that engages our creativity.
 
 I discovered this stampset in the catalogue recently.
It is called "Summer Solstice" and it has a butterfly, a flower, leaves and words such as:
"We meet no ordinary people in our lives".
 I have stamped the butterfly and cut it out so that it lands on the Apothecary Art flowers for a Mother's day card. The main part of this card is the Designer series paper in  Daffodil Delight, Pear pizzazz and Poppy Parade.
The patterned paper was not very exciting so I have stamped some more butterflies in Early Espresso ink around the base of the card.
 I have used the colours of the paper in my watercolouring of the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: