Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chistmas forest friends

I know that I am stretching the Christmas theme here but I do like to make cards with non Christmas stampsets and non christmas colours...
My forest friends deer is embossed in silver and mounted on kiwi kiss cardstock and chocolate chip. The strip of baja breeze is wheeled with the so swirly stamping wheel in baja breeze ink.
Then I have cut a strip of the Designer series Ski Slope patterned paper and added
Some brads for that studded metallic look .... I needed some more silver to balance bambi!
My second card is made from the same stampsets and Ski slope paper ... with a base of kiwi kiss this time and some paper piercing in the corners around the Forest friend tree. This tree in silver just shines ... Did I say that I love embossing? And I love this colour combination : baja breeze, chocolate chip, real red and old olive ... and I added kiwi kiss because it is much brighter and lighter than old olive but goes well with it. The sentiment : Seasons Greetings is from from the Snow swirled stampset and I have used the two ink pads for a two tone effect. A bit of blue a bit of green, a few holes in the corner, silver brads - It's another Christmas card: the layout could suit many different card occasions by just changing the sentiment.
Materials:
Stampset - Forest friends, Snow swirled.
Cardstock: Kiwi kiss, chocolate chip, baja breeze. DSP: Ski slope patterned paper (spring mini $16.95). Ink: baja breeze, kiwi kiss, Versamark. Tools: embossing powder and heat tool, paper piercing tool and mat pack, silver brads.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nerida, oh, i love these cards. This is one of my favourite sets, it's just so cute. I love your spin on this set for chrissy cards, very inspiring, maybe now i will start on my christmas cards. Take care. Felicity.H.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: