Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ornament punch ideas

 

Just a quick post to show you another card I made with the ornament punch.
The sahara sand cardstock has been put through the Big shot machine with the polka dot embossing folder.
A layer of Concord crush cardstock and matching ribbon bands around the card and then I have stamped and punched the spotty ornament in Old Olive ink.
Sorry about the fuzzy photo - some cameras can't zoom or focus up close as you can see, even in bright sun light.... I have used dimensionals to give height to the merry christmas circle.
Concord crush doesn't come in a thin tafetta ribbon so I have made a cardstock ribbon to "tie" around the ornament.
When cut this thin is quite easy to thread throught buttons and use as ribbon - it makes a cute little bow.
Card Recipe:
Stampsets: Delightful Decorations, Winterpost.
Ink: Old Olive, Concord Crush.
Cardstock: Sahara sand, Concord crush, whisper white.
Tools: Ornament punch, 3/4" circle punch, Concord crush poly-stitched ribbon, dimensionals, Designer label Punch.

Some other ideas that you can  make with the ornament punch :
* gold fish (if you turn them on their side)... and add some bubbles.
* a vase to put flowers in...by cutting off the base.
*Jayne Mercer has posted a card here that features a beautiful suede textured (and coloured) flower made with the ornament punch.  So pop over to Jayne's site and have a look.
(I haven't had a chance to make one yet. Probably because I don't own the punch, yet...
I borrowed the one I used to make these cards. Glad that I waited now, because when I buy my ornament stamp bundle I'll be getting a roll of  ribbon for FREE).
How exciting is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: