Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Faux Suede Decorative Ornament flower

Have you seen these Faux- suede textured flowers around?
When I saw a flower like this that Erin made I was most impressed and then I saw one made with the ornament punch on Jayne's site. That was it I had to try my hand at faux suede flowers.
Here is my first attempt on a card. Its coming up to Melbourne Cup day you could see these on a hat or lapel ... quick and easy decorating I say.
The actual flower can be made with as few as three punched out ornaments. I made this one with melon mambo cardstock.
When you distress the paper it de-laminates and becomes two pieces.
When you pull them apart the insides are all furry and look like Suede. (hence the faux-suede reference).
In the centre I have attached (with a mini glue dot) a cardstock button and then a Rich Razzleberry button on top.  The "thread" through the centre is a thin piece of cardstock tied through the button holes.
Also on this card I have used the Elements of style stamp, water coloured it, then covered it with a piece of vellum that is embossed with my Big shot machine.
The Ribbon is Rich Razzleberry Satin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: