Monday, October 11, 2010

Platinum shimmer paint ...

Now you just can't get more christmassier than Real red and silver ...
This is my first play with a new product "Shimmer Paint".
Its on page ... in the Idea Book and catalogue.
It can be used as an ink or mixed with ink and stamped or sponged onto cardstock.
I've tried a little of everything on this card.
 The basic colour scheme holds it all together. I have applied the shimmer paint (It comes in a little bottle) with a sponge dauber, you need very very little to sponge a stamp.
Then stamped it a few times onto the red cardstock and then stamped the little snow flake randomly around the background.
 Next, I have inked up the joy ornament stamp in real red ink and before stamping it I have sponged some shimmer paint around the edges of the rubber.
Stamped the image onto white cardstock and  here comes the good part...
punched the ornament out with the Ornament punch (yes it comes with its own matching punch).
 On a roll with the punches I have punched out a shape on the front of this card using the Designer label punch... which perfectly fits with the label stamp from the Winter post stampset.
My daughter loves this stamp: just because it says "do not open 'til Dec 25"
She is right into the reverse psychology thing at the moment.
Here it is closed from the front with all its stamping and shimmering. The platinum shimmer paint is the only one that is opaque, the other colours (shimmery white and champagne) are more transparent.
I am also loving the Red tafetta ribbon at the top of this card. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Nerida, I love the real red and the shimmer paint together, looks fantastic. Lovin' my shimmer paint, what is left after a workshop anyway (slight mishap with it, but looks good on grid paper).

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: